THE ULTIMATE POWER & SPIN PADDLE
A culmination of over two years of Research & Development, in partnership with top Pickleball pros such as Tyson McGuffin, the VANGUARD Power Air addresses the need for both power and spin.
As professional Pickleball became increasingly focused on power and spin over the past 2 years, the larger community discovered the benefits of power and spin, especially when it comes to dominating opponents. VANGUARD Power Air technology was developed to champion these players and provide a paddle that enables full control of the court, with performance power and maximum spin.
The first iteration of this technology was developed in Selkirk Labs and launched as Project 002. Utilizing Labs member feedback, Power Air optimizes the 002, providing additional control from the SuperCore, enhanced consistency with 360° Proto Molding, and next-level aerodynamics and edge durability with Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology.
POWER AIR OVERVIEW
- The preferred paddle for power players
- Generates maximum spin for controlled, aggressive drives
- Features a larger sweet spot than traditional power paddles
- Creates difficult-to-return shots as a result of superior ball spin
- Delivers relentless power, with a surprising amount of control
- Unquestionably the most aerodynamic of all Selkirk paddles
- The ideal paddle for singles and tennis players
Power Air Epic Specs:
- Midweight Range: 7.7 – 8.1 oz.
- Grip Circumference: 4 1/4"
- Grip Selkirk Geo Grip
- Handle Length: 5 1/4"
- Paddle Length: 15 3/4"
- Paddle Width: 8"
- Face: Hybrid Blend of Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber
- Core material:Polymer Honeycomb
- Core Thickness: 0.5''
- Edge Guard: Edgeless DuraEdge
- Manufacturer: Selkirk Sports
- Assembled in the USA
POWER AIR TECHNOLOGY
- Air Dynamic Throat for quicker swign speed: Developed in Selkirk Labs with Project 002 and fine-tuned to provide maximum flex, the Air Dynamic Throat is now larger and even closer to the handle, offering optimal air flow and improved ball control.
- ThroatFlex for more power and dwell time: Created to provide maximum flex when you connect with the ball, our new ThoatFlex open throat design extends dwell time on the paddle and enhances power play, for unbeatable consistency.
- ProSpin+ NextGen Texture for long-lasting maximum spin surface: Formulated in Selkirk Labs to generate more spin than any technology on the market, our ProSpin+ NextGen Micro Texture technology features a longer-lasting spin surface and provides unparalleled consistency, ensuring you can shape and control the ball with ease, to dominate on the court.
- QuadFlex 4 Layer Hybrid Face for power & control: Initiated in Selkirk Labs with Project 002, the QuadFlex 4 Layer Hybrid Face features a first-of-its-kind blend of two layers of Fiberflex and two layers of Quantum+ carbon, for effortless power and control.
- 360° Proto Molding for power and consistent sweetspot: Engineered to provide 360 degree composite coverage, using a proprietary high pressure manufacturing process, 360° Proto Molding technology generates ultimate power, while delivering a consistent feel on every play.
- Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology for increased durabilty and aerodynamics: Introduced to increase edge reliability alongside the FlexFoam edge perimeter, Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology is composed of our specialty, impact resistant blend of composites and polymer.
- FlexFoam Perimeter for power, durability and a larger sweetspot: Achieved by injecting specially formulated foam into the entire perimeter of the paddle, our FlexFoam Perimeter technology increases durability, adds weight, enlarges the sweet spot, and absorbs the vibrations from every hit, for a stable, reliable feel. This technology was originally developed in Selkirk Labs for Project 002.
- SuperCore Polymer Honeycomb Core for a consistent, faimiliar feel: Created for the QuadFlex Face, the groundbreaking polypropylene honeycomb SuperCore delivers supreme power while enhancing your control of the ball.
- Epic | Long Handle & Standard Paddle Shape: Pairing a traditional Pickleball paddle shape with a large surface area and a long handle, the Epic delivers the perfect blend of power and control. Versatile and well-rounded, the Epic paddle shape is ideal for the beginner and the seasoned pro.
- Power Air versus the AMPED & VANGUARD: The Power Air emphasizes important dimensions of competitive pickleball play with new levels power and spin. If you are a steady player that favors dinking, dropshots, and traditional strategic Pickleball, VANGUARD and AMPED paddles are tremendous control paddles to improve your play. However, if you want to add power, spin, and control to your game, the Power Air is the paddle for you. You will notice significant improvements in power and spin moving from the VANGUARD or AMPED to the Power Air. Unlike traditional power paddles, the Power Air still offers large sweetspot and consistency.